2004-03-19
Contrary to my expectations, I do indeed have a shower. Sort of a makeshift thing, but it'll work for me. I was in there this morning grumbling about having to use this crappy little shower head thingy and happened to look up on the wall--there was this little hook/receptacle thing on the wall. Not sure if it was for the shower head, but I can't think of anything else it could be useful for. Sure enough, it supported the shower head. Somebody loves me. Seriously, that was one of my biggest apprehensions about coming here. The temp was even good--almost perfect, in fact. I hope I can figure out how to duplicate that feat.
A very nice postman-type guy JUST stopped by to drop off a box for me. Yes, the first of my convoy of stuff has arrived. A few nice(r) shirts, a couple suit jackets, my two raincoats, and a whole mess o' neckties. I hope there's more coming. It wasn't the MOST useful of the many boxes, but I still felt like the cavalry had arrived. Woo-hoo!
Dr. Howard White took me into town today to get my "Alien Registration". Mwahahahaha. Unfortunately, I think I forgot to transfer my "Conspiracy No. 5" CD onto my computer, so I can't play that "Alien" song. Too bad, 'cause I am indeed just like the alien now. In fact, I AM an alien. Afterwards, we went to a market so that I could do some dedicated shopping. And I found the first thing about Japan that SUCKS. Yes, Virginia, there are groceries in Japan, and they are REALLY FREAKING EXPENSIVE. I spent about 3800 yen which I THINK is the equivalent of 40 dollars, which was what I spent on average in the States. Except that would get me about 2 weeks worth of groceries. The stash I got may last me a week if I'm extremely tight. An example: 2 kilos of rice cost about 1200 yen. 4.5 pounds of rice for 13 dollars. Niiiiiiiiiice.
Supper: Hot curry with potatoes and carrots over rice. Mmmmmmm. I think I'll turn in early tonight.
Monday, March 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment