Monday, March 22, 2004

2004-03-21

One thing I forgot to buy at the store the other day: ketchup. I found that out this morning when I fried some potatoes and eggs. Fortunately, I did buy salt and cheese, so all was not lost.

Took a very long walk this afternoon. I went looking for Nathan's cave in the back of the gym, but met with no success. I hiked quite a ways back into the hills too. Either I'm looking in the wrong spot, I'm looking for the wrong thing, or it's not there anymore. About twenty minutes into the hike I realized that it would probably be a good idea to check with people to make sure there were no critters to beware of (mountain lions, bears, etc.) So I headed back, but it was a good workout. Lots of inclines to work the calves. Oh yeah, baby. I fully intend to be an Adonis-like stud when I come back. Grad school is gonna be all about pickin' up the chicks. What? You have to STUDY too? Well, THAT'S no fun...

Also took a pass around the campus. As I suspected, it was totally deserted. I did walk around a few places that I never visited yet, including the opposite entrance to the campus. I guess there's a back way into the village/town area. Next up on the exploration agenda: Walk into town via that road.

Not having a music maker is becoming a bother. I'm going to ask Holly to go ahead and send my mandolin. If she could also send my tennis racket that'd be super.

Soundtrack for today: Just one song, which I've selected for reasons that should be obvious: The Kry--"Take My Hand". I first heard this during a drama presentation at the College Church youth Sabbath School, probably a dozen years ago. Obviously, the song stuck with me. Here are the lyrics--take a guess as to why they mean a lot to me right now.

I know there are times
Your dreams turn to dust
You wonder as you cry
Why it has to hurt so much

Well, give me all your sadness
Someday you will know the reason why
With a childlike heart
Simply put your hope in Me

Refrain:
Take my hand and walk where I lead
Keep your eyes on me alone
Don't you say "Why were the old days better...?"
Just because you're scared of the unknown
Take my hand and walk...

Don't live in the past
'Cause yesterday's gone
Wishing memories would last
You're afraid to carry on

Well you don't know what's coming
But you know the One who holds tomorrow
I will be your guide
Take you through the night
If you keep your eyes on Me

(Refrain)

Faith is to be sure of what you hope for
And the evidence of things unseen
So take my hand and walk...

Just like a child holding Daddy's hand
DOn't let go of mine, you know you can't stand on your own

(Refrain)

No comments: