Sunday, September 18, 2005

Some fun stuff

Amanda and I were talking about baby names for some reason yesterday. (No, we're not planning on having any for the next few years at least.) I dragged out an old list I'd done up for fun with some friends a long time ago--maybe sometime in college. I added a few that I've picked up over the years, and I thought I'd share the list for anyone interested.

Boys:
Zedekiah
Axel
Sun-Tzu
Zaxxon
Wolfric
Stone Cold Steve

Girls:
Gwyndolydd
LaToya
Macbeth
Brunhilda
Yehoida
Evantha

Actually, I was reading off names like that to Amanda and getting her all mad at me. I'm too lazy to look through my sent list for the ones I really wrote, but a few I remember:
Boys--Archer, Dorian, Maurice, Nathan, Thomas, Caleb, Aslan, Theodore
Girls--Arisa, Cassandra, Luthien, Melissa, Sayaka, Bethany, Rebekah, Emma

I'm not at all fond of BizarroCelebrity names (Apple or Spirit or some ridiculous nonsense like that) but I'm also not down with the very common names either (David/Michael/Jennifer). I don't want my kids to have the same name as 4 other kids in their classroom, but I don't want it to sound like I named them after listening to 15 hours of prog rock at a Renaissance Faire.

Although I do kinda like the sound of "Zaxxon".

No comments: